Monday, June 27, 2011

Typo of the Day (6/27/11)

Hey Everyone,

It appears time for another "Typo of the Day."

This one comes to us from AOL News (big shock, right?), in an article about a woman who hoards dolls:
"Part of the problem is that she and her son are running out of space because of the dolls, the weight of which is comprising the structural integrity of their house."

Seriously? The weight of dolls comprises the structural integrity?

COMPRISE: "Consist of; to be made up of."

So, by that rationale ... the entire structural integrity of the house is made up of DOLLS, right? Man, I'd like to see what that must look like!

I think the word they're looking for is
COMPROMISING: As in, "To reduce in quality, value, or degree; weaken or lower."

Once again, I must weep at the realization that I am witnessing the death of the written word as I know it.

Link to original article: http://weirdnews.aol.com/2011/06/23/doll-hoarding-grandmother_n_882320.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry, but I had to remove the Anonymous User comment option. I was receiving far too many spambot posts (100s a day). However, if you are a real person and not a bot, feel free to post with your google, blogger, or one of the other available IDs.