Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Updated Appearance Schedule

Hello All,

Some new schedule changes have come up in recent weeks, as far as my appearances go.

A number of people have been asking me whether I will be attending the Paranormal Research Society’s “Field Trip 12” in Salem, Mass. Unfortunately I have not yet secured a confirmation for that event. However, when I have an answer I promise to let everyone know.

Please keep in mind that the folks at the PRS have been VERY generous in inviting me as a guest speaker to their past two field trips, and it would not surprise me if they’d like to open up the slot for a new speaker this time around. And I continue to have nothing but good things to say about all the folks on the PRS crew for all their interest and generosity at FTX & FTXI.

In other news, I have confirmed a couple of new appearances. Since I promised that I would maintain an appearance schedule on this blog, I figure this a good time to post an update.

As of 6/08/11, my schedule of upcoming confirmed appearances is as follows:

June 10th & 12th 2011—A-KON 22
: I will be giving two panels at the A-Kon 22 anime convention at the Dallas Sheraton in Dallas, TX. The 6/10/11 (7:30pm in State Room 2) panel topic is “Anime, Myth, & Naruto,” but this is actually going to be an examination of Naruto as a Japanese manifestation of the Arthurian myth, followed by a Q&A. The 6/12/11 (12:45pm in State Room 3) panel topic is “Anime/Manga & the Shinto Revival,” in which we will take a look at Shinto elements in various anime such as Naruto and XXXholic, as well as the interesting interpretations of the Shinigami idea in various manga/anime, followed by a Q&A.

September 2nd – 5th 2011—COPPERCON 31: I will be giving 2-3 panels on various topics from Voodoo to zombies & werewolves at this Sci-Fi/Fantasy convention at the Hilton Garden Inn in Avondale, AZ (link: www.coppercon.org). More details on this appearance will follow.

And I have another unconfirmed (but likely) appearance:
I am supposed to be giving another presentation at the Richardson Public Library in Richardson, TX at some date in October. A specific date has yet to be confirmed, but I will post details as they become available.

My publicist has been trying to reach the folks at Creation Entertainment in order to secure an appearance at one or two of their upcoming “Salute to Supernatural” conventions … but, as of this morning, they still have yet to receive a reply to any of the query emails.

WOULD YOU LIKE FOR ME TO COME SPEAK IN YOUR AREA?
if you are the host of, or know of, any convention, library, or other venue that would be interested in hosting me for a panel, presentation, or lecture, please feel free to pass along a link to this blog. I can always be reached via comments. I never charge for appearances (unless the cost of travel is beyond my budget, in which case I only ask for travel/board to be provided or reimbursed). My only condition is that I be allowed to sell books/merchandise at the event.

Thanks, folks. For those coming to A-Kon 22, I will see you folks soon. As for the rest of you, I will try to post on my A-Kon experience when I get back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry, but I had to remove the Anonymous User comment option. I was receiving far too many spambot posts (100s a day). However, if you are a real person and not a bot, feel free to post with your google, blogger, or one of the other available IDs.