Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Typo of the Day (6/21/11)

Hello All,

Welcome to a new segment in my blog ... let's call it "The Typo of the Day" (however, to be honest, I doubt I'll post one every day).

Today's Typo come to us from Fox 41 News in Louisville, KY:
"Does it happen? Yes. Is it surprising? No. That's the reason these statues are on the books. It's fairly coincidental that these two merged together at a similar time."

That's right people ... thanks be to [insert deity name of choice here] that we have those "STATUES on the books."

Maybe this is what's wrong with the Louisville Schools?

After all, how are kids supposed to read books when you've got STATUES on them?!!!

I now realize that I will likely live long enough to witness the slow & painful death of the written word with my own eyes ... great.

Where is Ray Bradbury when I need him?

Here is a link to the original article: http://www.fox41.com/story/14930374/jcps-bus-driver-and-principal-both-cleared-of-criminal-charges

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry, but I had to remove the Anonymous User comment option. I was receiving far too many spambot posts (100s a day). However, if you are a real person and not a bot, feel free to post with your google, blogger, or one of the other available IDs.