Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Typo of the Day (sort of) 9/13/11

Okay, so this one is not exactly a "typo" ... in fact, it does not even come from a written source. HOWEVER, I think this is WAY funnier than what I'd originally planned to post today. So, as is my wont (finally! I found an opportunity to use the word "wont" in a sentence!), we're going with this.

Below is a conversation that took place between two younger gents (both whom shall be henceforth referred to as "Dude #1" & "Dude #2"), and which I could not help but overhear while I was standing in line behind them at a convenience store earlier today:

Dude #1: “I want to ask her out, but you know how bad I suck at talking to girls.”
Dude #2: “I shall go to her at your behead, my friend.”
Dude #1: “What?”
Dude #2: “I shall go to her at your behead.”
Dude #1: “Dude … I think the word you are looking for is vehemently.”

Ummmmm … what?

I don't even know where to begin.

Dude #1: The word you were looking for was behest

Dude #2: You are NOT helping! Seriously, Dude #2 ... vehemently? How could that word ever work within the framework of what Dude #1 originally said? I mean, did you even take a few seconds to listen in your head to how that sentence would sound before you gave Dude #1 this absolutely dreadful vocabulary suggestion?! Stop sniffing the glue!

However, perhaps I am being too quick to judge Dude #2's suggestion ... Hm ... Okay, let's give it a try:
"I shall go to her at your vehemently."

Nope. Still makes no sense. I swear, sometimes I am not sure whether i want to laugh or cry at stuff like this.

Well, that's my post for today. Later this week I will have another Reader Response Question for The Mythology of Supernatural.

WAIT! I forgot something!

FYI - I had an appearance recently that did not quite go as planned. Long story short, this means that I actually have a TON of paranormal/Supernatural merch still on hand. So, later this month, I will be putting some of my handmade and signed Slayer Kits, Mojo bags, and stakes on auction via ebay. Will post the details, links, etc. on these auctions once they beocme available.

Until then ... try not to vehemently behead any girls that you want to ask out. Because that's probably not going to end well for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry, but I had to remove the Anonymous User comment option. I was receiving far too many spambot posts (100s a day). However, if you are a real person and not a bot, feel free to post with your google, blogger, or one of the other available IDs.