Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My A-Kon 22 Panels (6/10/11 & 6/12/11)

Howdy Folks,

Sorry for not posting anything last week. Things have been busy lately, to say the least, between my day job and trying to get the final index elements finished for The Mythology of Supernatural ... which is still scheduled for release on August 2nd 2011.

Anyway, I have a lot of possible public speaking engagements and/or appearances that are still up in the air right now. However, as confirmations are received, I will be posting them here on the blog.

My next public speaking appearance is right here in Dallas, TX ... at A-Kon 22, the longest running anime convention in the U.S.

I am currently scheduled for 2 separate panels, one Friday evening and another on Sunday afternoon. I will have books on hand for sale (but I am always happy to sign books, no matter where you bought them … as long as you don’t bring me a pirated PDF or some craziness like that). I may also bring a few other goodies (might bring a slayer kit or two?) with me. I believe that my Dead Come Home co-author, Robert Fox, should be stopping by for at least one of the panels (I would expect Friday’s). I plan to make some time for selling/signing books during the last 10 minutes or so of the panel. However, I realize that this may not be enough time. Luckily an awesome new friend of ours, writer and web comic artist James Grant over at Two Lumps, has kindly offered to let us share his table VERY briefly (I promise we won’t overstay our welcome, James ... and you have my undying gratitude for being willing to share your space with us for a moment) to sell and sign books after the panel, in case we run out of time in the panel space. If you come by the table while we are there, by the way, you should totally check out James' work ... especially his new fantasy/satire book, Valen the Reticent ... I have read it cover to cover and i have to say that it is an awesome piece of writing.

Anyway, barring any unforeseen changes, my panel schedule for A-Kon should be as follows:
Panel 1: Anime, Myth, and Naruto – Friday (6/10) at 7:30pm in State Room 2
Panel 2: Anime/Manga, Naruto, and the Revival of Shinto – Sunday at 12:45pm in State Room 3

So, any of my readers coming to A-Kon this year … I would love to see you at either (or both) of these panels. I am always available for questions, etc. at an event … even if it is outside of a panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry, but I had to remove the Anonymous User comment option. I was receiving far too many spambot posts (100s a day). However, if you are a real person and not a bot, feel free to post with your google, blogger, or one of the other available IDs.